Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Now it can be told

A while ago (Tuesday, 3/25) I posted about how I had a lot of things on my mind, but couldn't really talk about them.

Now I can.

And will.

That Friday, I was supposed to find out whether or not I got a job. That Saturday morning, I had a writing workshop where I was presenting a completely new take on the script I've been writing. That Saturday night, I had a date with a guy I met online who I really, really wanted to fuck* liked.

It was stressful. It was exhilarating. It gave me stomach cramps.

I didn't find out about the job that Friday. Or the following Monday. Or Tuesday. As it happened, my HR contact was unexpectedly out of the office. It was nerve-wracking, but all worked out for the best. I started yesterday and I love it. I mean, okay, I'm not getting paid to write or have sex with any one of a number of movie stars, but as far as day-jobs go, it's a winner.

My script was very well received. I don't really want to go into any more detail.

As far as the date... There was this, which I could have overlooked as "he was nervous and didn't mean to drink that much," but I have discovered some more upsetting habits of his that I may or may not describe in more detail at another time.

*The only alternatives to "fuck" I could think of were either pointless substitutions or phrases that ended in a preposition. Also, I really, really wanted to fuck him. After we met, I really, really, really wanted to fuck him. Then he peed in the street and it was back to "really, really."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee. "Habit' kinda makes it sound like he chews tobaccy.

Rodolfo said...

I always thought it was spelled "terbaccy." Must be vernacular.

Anonymous said...

Definitely regional.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.