Tuesday, June 12, 2007

That sounds like rock and/or roll

I'm sure you've seen the OK Go video for "Here it Goes Again."



Very popular video. Won the first YouTune Video of the Year Award. I've only just now watched it for the first time, which isn't especially unusual since - surprise, surprise - the guy who writes the Katharine Hepburn blog isn't all that up to speed on current music.

But here's the thing. The guy in the pink shirt and vest? The bass player? Tim Nordwind? I know him. We went to college together. We made up half of class of 98 playwriting department at The Theatre School.

Tim is a brilliant playwright. One of the most creative I've ever read. His voice (as a writer) was so unique that he was my hero - something I told him all the time in college.

He wrote a play in college called... actually, it had several titles and I don't remember the final one, but the title isn't important. It was about the circus and I played the fortune teller, which isn't important either. What's important is that I based my entire performance on Katharine Hepburn's voice, circa On Golden Pond. Whenever I had trouble with getting into character, I just did a bad KH impersonation and presto! Worked every time.

I really should read the alumni newsletter more often, huh?

No comments: