Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Showtunes of the Day


The Mystery of Edwin Drood: 1985 Original Broadway cast recording (Holmes) The first release of the cast album - which has since gone out of print - had all of the murderers' "Out on a Limerick" and "Confession" tracks. The second release contained only one "Out on a Limerick" and two "Confession"s, but added the previously unavailable "Moonfall Quartet" and "Ceylon." I own the second release and thanks to some online friends (hi Irwin!) was able to obtain the missing tracks from the first release, which also included George Rose's spoken, "A Message from Your Chairman" and combine them with all of the tracks from the second release to one master album that mercifully fits on one disc.

Jimmy: 1969 Original Broadway cast recording (Jacob & Jacob). Frank Gorshin follows in the footsteps of Tom Bosley as the Mayor of New York City. Sort of. I didn't finish it. I turned off my iPod when I heard that Heath Ledger had died.

No comments: