Monday, February 18, 2008

Showtunes of the Day: February 18, 2008

The Supremes Sing Rodgers & Hart: 1967. Haley, these Chocodiles, Oh my God. These Chocodiles, Oh my God. Oh my God, Haley, these Chocodiles.

George M!: 1968 original Broadway cast (Cohan): It goes well with Don't Know Much About History, the book I'm reading. It's no secret that we did horrible things to the Native Americans when we got here, but what everyone conveniently forgets is that they were totally stealing cable. Also, it has Bernadette Peters.

Company: 2001 Brazilian cast. (Sondheim) I don't speak a word of Portugeuse. And yet, I know that the actress playing Amy overplayed the "suicide note" line in "Getting Married Today." Yes, dear, your chatacter is neurotic. We get it.

Now if only I could get my hands on Diana Ross and The Supremes Sing and Perform Funny Girl...

No comments: