Monday, February 18, 2008

Showtunes of the Weekend: Tim Rice/Murray Head/Concept Album Version

I spent the weekend at my parents' house and loaded up the iPod for the train ride back and forth.

Here to there: Jesus Christ Superstar: 1970 concept album. It is Lent, after all.

There to here: Chess: 1984 concept album.

It wasn't until I got on the train that I realize that both shows had lyrics by Tim Rice and featured singer Murray Head.

Yeah, I didn't really find that interesting, either. But I felt like blogging

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it extremely annoying that between the concept album and movie soundtrack there was no original cast recording.

Rodolfo said...

I guess that depends on whcih cast you're calling "original."

London?

Australia?

Brasil?

Sweden?

France?

Denmark?

Germany?

Those are just the ones recorded after the concept album but before the film soundtrack.

(Before you point out anything you think is missing from this list, you may want to take a good long look at your CD collection.)