Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've Got the Pain (sans mambo)

I've been having headaches lately. Also slight dizzy spells, but those are nothing new (I'll probably explain why eventually). I've had these headaches before, a little over a year ago (or something). I don't know if they're stress-related or what, but my head was fucking killing me yesterday. They could be muscular. I've been mousing a lot lately and my right arm is pretty stiff, which could have work its way up along my neck (also stiff) to my head, but I don't know if the body actually works that way. I stayed home from work and by the afternoon was bored off my ass. I tried to do some stuff at my computer, but being at the computer way too long could be (and probably is) a big part of the problem.

I took Tylenol. I took Advil. I toox Excedrin Migraine. Nothing helped. I finally took a Vicodin and even that didn't do much. Mummy thought I was acting especially goofy on the phone last night, so I suppose I could have been on a Vicodin high, but I didn't feel high and - much worse - I was still in pain. Occasionally excruciating, but that could have been the episdode of Reba I watched (I was raised on marginal family sitcoms and wanted to reminisce).

Finally I took some Tylenol PM around nine, turned off the light at ten and proceeded to lay there, wide awake and in pain for at least two more hours. For some reason I came to work today and the sedative that did nothing for me last night maybe wore off about twenty minutes ago. And the earliest I can get in to see my doctor is Friday.

Music stuck in my head even though I'm not listening to anything: "Join the Circus"/Barnum, Original Broadway cast recording.

Quotable me: I'm not gay, I just like the taste of cock. - to a (non-sexual) chat room

No comments: